She's finally here...the newest addition to our family. Molly decided when she wanted her birthday (which was fine with me because it was earlier than the doctor had me scheduled). I think she was roasting in my tummy in the 100+ temperatures that week. I know I just felt like a human oven more than normal.
The doctor didn't make it for delivery. The nurse told me to push and as soon as I started to she said, "STOP!" Molly didn't want to wait, though, even with the nurse trying to hold her in. The doctor walked in as they were handing her to me. Crazy girl! (That pout is classic Calvin)
Anyway, we are so happy to have her here. She is a great little baby and takes the "loves" from her brother and sister in stride. Even when Calvin takes chunks out of her head she just looks around as if to say 'That's all you've got?' (she did cry when she got pummeled by a flying sippy cup).
Upper: Linden and Molly dressing up to dance. Molly's 'dress' is actually her swimming suit. Middle: Good morning Molly! This was her first morning home and everyone wanted in on the action. Lower: Calvin holds Molly for the first time in the hospital. He is doing his favorite thing, pointing out her body parts. It gets kind of dicy when he starts on her eyes and nose. She is only a day old in this picture.
She is also Linden's little doll. Even before we left the hospital Linden was playing dress-ups with her, laying out all of the clothes she wanted Molly to wear. It was quite cute. Calvin is having difficulty with her name. It's not that he can't say Molly, but that he doesn't recognize that all babies aren't called Baby Thomas. Baby Thomas happens to be Calvin's 4 month old cousin. I probably have to correct him at least ten times a day. He'll catch on soon hopefully.
Travis and Molly taking a rest
She already has daddy wrapped around her finger. He hates to hear her pathetic little cries for attention and is quick to snuggle her in her blanket and love on her. She is very easy going and seems to be handling our crazy life just fine. I'm enjoying the lull because she's sure to follow in her sister and brother's footsteps.
Molly's first bottle. Calvin wanted to help and did surprisingly well.
4 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful. I hope all is going well.
Congrats Maren and Travis. Yet another beautiful Humphrey baby! I like the name, too. My sister just had a little girl they named Molly.
All our well wishes from Alaska!
Mitch
So cute! And it's cute to see Linden & Calvin with her. Thanks for updating so we can see her. Can't wait to see you guys at the end of the month. I have TONS of girl clothes for you - I hope you're ready!
What a sweet family!! Can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment