Linden- Her day begins with a cup of juice and whatever she sees upon opening the fridge. Sometimes it's yogurt, sometimes it's cheese. She's even been known to request pickles for breakfast. Then it's off to the gym to play while mom works out. Lunchtime is coupled with a movie (after reading three books first, of course) while mom is busy with little brother. Nap time is always a big question mark for her. She is notorious for laying down for a few minutes and then getting up and getting in to trouble. She turns on the light and gets into whatever toys or books she can get her hands on. She has even been known to change her clothes several times just to keep from napping. We have tried everything from putting a lock on the door to taking the light bulbs out of her light with none of that really working. Finally I resorted to putting up the pack-and-play in the middle of the room where she can't reach anything.
Now at least she is contained in an area that, if she decided she was tired, she could sleep easily. Some might say she is growing out of naps. I find her behavior suggests otherwise. Normally she is a very bright and energetic child. Without naps she cries all the time and teases incessantly.
Calvin- He starts the day dancing in his crib and singing to himself until mom can make it into his room to get him. He spends the next twenty minutes or so zooming all over the house inspecting toys that were forgotten the night before. He then eats about two bites of cereal before demanding "cracker". That is his first real word (besides mom and dad) and that is the only thing he will eat. I have been limiting his intake of crackers to cheerios in the morning and crackers at snack time. Lunch and dinner are real food or nothing. I've noticed he doesn't fight his food quite as much, but he is still VERY picky. To fill up the morning we head to the gym where he has lots of the workers smitten. I'd like to think he's their favorite baby. Then it's back home for a little lunch and then a nap. He has recently decided only one nap a day is all he needs. I fought it for a while but then he started sleeping 2 1/2 hours for his afternoon naps and I decided I was okay with that. After nap time we get the toys out and dance to some music or go for a walk.
Travis- Not naturally an early riser, he has taken on the job of cleaning the parking lot. He gets ready for the day and then heads out on his bike. After cleaning it's off to work, again on his bike. After putting in a full day at the health clinic he rides his bike home to his waiting family. All in all it is a twelve mile round trip and he enjoys having the time to think and enjoy the fresh air
Maren- My day is a success if I am able to work out, take a nap, and get dinner ready. All the time in between is divided between making a mess with the kids and then cleaning up after them. I have recently re-discovered books and am enjoying them in the evening while Travis studies.
3 comments:
Oh, my. I have never seen Calvin look so..um..pretty. Those pictures will come back to haunt him some day (remember Soren and his "Galley" stage?).
I agree with Kendall - you have some good blackmail material there for his senior yearbook or wedding slideshow. Thanks for the look into your family's day.
I hope I'm as well put-together as you are someday. Please tell me you were still a mess when Calvin was seven months old. I'm impressed that you've got your junk together.
Post a Comment