CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Art Projects



Lately I have been trying to branch out in our daily activities.  I can stand only so many Dora the Explorer episodes and dancing consists of me spinning Linden around in circles while Calvin tries to climb my legs.  We try to spend a few hours outside each day but for some reason the sand just doesn't want to stay in the sand box.  I find it on the patio, in neat little piles in the grass, and tracked all over the kitchen floor.  Yes, I know, they are kids.  Oh well, now I know why my mom was frequently frustrated about the condition of the house.  Because of my inability to deal with dirt I decided it was time to break out the art supplies.  Linden's new favorite thing is to play with the Play Dough.  I'm trying to use it as an opportunity for learning different colors, but she's just too interested in squishing the animals she just cut out.   It will come in time.  Calvin's interest in the Play Dough is simply to taste whatever he can get his hands on.   It's fun to watch their minds work in different ways.  Linden's imagination is on fire, making all the animals talk to their "friends" and telling me all kinds of stories about what is happening.  Calvin is just looking for a good snack.


Calvin's idea of art is a little bit different than Linden's.  His is all accidental.  Yesterday he got into the refrigerator and pulled out the honey dijon and threw it on the floor.  It shattered and there was a nice big blob of mustard in the middle of the floor.  Then, in the afternoon, he found the box of Diet Coke and began pulling cans out and watching the roll across the floor.  After pulling all of them out and tossing them across the kitchen one of them developed a hole and sprayed all over the floor.  It was quite a mess but he seemed to enjoy watching the can spray everywhere.

0 comments: